Thursday, April 1, 2010

Love and Unity

I wanted to do a April Fool but nvm...

Anyway, we went out with Weiren, Yufen and the CGCs on monday!
We had dinner at Plaza Singapura, and went to play the new Bishi Bashi!
That game is button-mashingly fun!

However, the power tripped and the game machine restarted, so we left the arcade.
We had dessert at Secret Recipe!!


Artistic shot XD

Cute little burgers.

After much feasting, we headed to Istana Park for more fellowship and planning for Easter^^

Last night, we had conference call with Weiren, and he spoke about Love and Unity. After some thought, I realized that I recently have been selfish in certain areas of my life.

Back in my sec sch days, there was one Boy's Brigade session when the officers organized a game for all the boys. We had to converse 5 sentences with each other without saying the words "I, me, myself, 我, etc". Those who spoke those taboo words had to "pasang"(do a forfeit).

It made me realize one thing: if I used these words more than words like "How are you?" and "What about you?", I'm being self-centered during conversations. And the opposite of self-centeredness is love.

The bible says in Heb 10:24,
"And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works"
I've got to be considerate, thoughtful about my fellow brothers and sisters so that love will be stirred up. My great wish is that everyone in W406 will love one another, and stay connected in the spirit by prayer.

This can't happen unless the Holy Spirit cause us to be Loving and United.
It can only happen if we pray and spend time in God's presence.
Prayer moves the Holy Spirit.
God's love is poured out when we are in His presence.

"Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us." (Rom 5:5)

I want to be more loving as a son of God!

I love these group photos that we took in March! XD

N346+W406!

W406 pioneers!

Vincent's 21st birthday: NYP friends!

May W406 be more united than ever before!

No comments: