Thursday, April 8, 2010

Joys and Harrows

Hey wassup people!

After months of not seeing each other, we (Bryan, Nigel, Glenn and I) finally met with the Amos and Yee Howe, who are still stuck in Sungei Gedong. We had dinner at NYNY! And I'm really overspending! :X

Yours Truly, Bryan, Yee Howe, Glenn, Nigel, Amos

I love Amos! He's a really passionate brother from another church, I enjoy talking to him about spiritual things :) He intends to share his testimony on his 21st birthday next month!


A small gift from NYNY

Viola! A really huge cup.. er... bowl... thing!


And I'm so grateful to Weiren for helping me write a Letter of Recommendation for the 2 Year course I talked about in the previous post. The letter is very encouraging!!! XD


However, yesterday was a harrowing night. I had a lot of stuff on my hands, and had a hard time multi-tasking. There was a presentation today for some big shot, and my boss needed some stuff to be done. I thought I could do it quick as my part was pretty much done, and I just gotta add a couple of stuff. Nevertheless, there were technical issues (compile and linker errors), and I spent hours trying to debug. Was up until about 3-4am, and I fell asleep while waiting for the project to rebuild.

Since it wasn't done, I was up at about 7-8am and continued working on it with my boss on MSN until around 9.30am. After which I took a cab to work and carried on the debugging. My office computer gave different kinds of errors, and I couldn't debug the problems. Finally, I gave up debugging and just sent my uncompiled/untested code to Robin, hoping that it would work.

Thank God that it worked! Man I never want to go through that again - working late into the night and early in the morning, forgoing Quiet Time, Sleep, and Hygiene (yea I didn't bathe the whole night, and slept in my jeans)

Thank God for sustaining me! Just want to be back home praying and hitting the hay!

"You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You." (Isa 26:3)

No comments: