Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Days Speeding, Slipping Away

"I like to make myself believe that planet earth turns slowly..."

But unfortunately, planet earth seems to be spinning out of control lately. When Weiren asked me on Monday if I could play for Zone Meeting, my first thought was "What?! One week passed already?" LOLS.

I have a theory: this feeling of time slipping away is caused by the subconscious mind telling us that we're not accomplishing the things that we should do. So this is how I think it works:

"Time passes too quickly!"
"Why?"
"There's not enough time to do everything!"
"Do what?"
"Pray more, exercise more, read the bible more, read more books, spend more time with family and friends, finish projects, practise guitar, post retarded blog posts like this one..." (and the list goes on)

Then the pressure of the overwhelming amount of things to do kicks in, and suddenly we subconsciously resist doing the things we do.

"There's just too much to do. I can't handle all of it. Maybe I should just forget about it. Let's go watch YouTube, play L4D or hang out with friends. Maybe all these worries will disappear if I brush them aside..."

But they don't.
At the back of our minds they still bug us.
The fear of doing all these thing causes us to procrastinate.
We spend our time doing the insignificant or not so important.
We end up not getting what we truly wanted done.
We blame it that there's not enough time.
Finally, we realize that time flies.

Yeah that's basically how I feel.
I just gotta shut the fleshy nature up and just do what I know I should do.

"Time does not just fly, it soars with jetpacks on."
- Israel Chua, Psychotic Philosopher

No comments: