Monday, August 29, 2011

The Harrowing Winter

While there are many reasons to rejoice, like we moving to Suntec, and the many blessings that are included into the "Memorial" page of my blog, this year has been a tough one. And perhaps the toughest one yet.

Last year, I went through a humiliatingly painful experience, through which God taught me faithfulness and discipline. God helped me to be more discipline (more is the keyword, I still lack discipline :X), I believe because He has a great destiny for my life, which requires me to be a disciplined man of God. Thank God that He chastises me, because He loves me.

"My son, do not despise the chastening of the Lord, Nor detest His correction;
For whom the Lord loves He corrects, Just as a father the son in whom he delights."
Pro 3:11-12

This year had 2 equally, if not more, painful experiences. But they were not about discipline, but about decisiveness and pride. Maybe I don't learn except by these experiences. Nonetheless, God is good :) I am His son, He loves me, therefore He chastises me. And He has blessed me abundantly, like being accepted into DigiPen, schools fees cut by 66% because of the 2 Year Degree Programme, my awesome new phone, different Job offers, privilege to play for WR Zone, different CGs, LiveJam, etc. 

But all these material blessings and ministry opportunities mean nothing, and I mean NOTHING compared to relationships. I thank God for my dearest friends, who been with me during my tough times, and constantly bring joy and life. I thank God for my family, especially my mother; I thank Him that I've grown a little closer with my family.

Truly when you are have lost everything else, you realize that family and friends are all that matters. And without a shadow of doubt, God my Father matters most. I can afford to lose anything and anyone but Him. To hear His voice and to feel His presence, is more than enough.

So its been a bad year for me, but I'm not the only one. So many of my friends had their tough times, some much worse then I. You could be one of them. Let us stay united despite the troubles; let not the evil one take opportunity to divide us. No matter the differences and hurts, the love of Christ is more than enough. Always pray for one another (trust me, your own pain will feel better when your pray for others), and let the love of God be shared abroad in our hearts through the Holy Ghost.

Through the cold and harsh winter, let us become stronger, more mature, and more united.
Look out, for spring awaits! :)

"Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it." (Heb 12:11)

No comments: