Monday, August 15, 2011

Joy

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law."(Gal 5:22-23)

Are you feeling joyful?

The Holy Spirit brings JOY. If you are not happy, you are not in the will of God. Be happy!

2 causes of unhappiness:
1) Unfavorable Circumstances: "My life sucks!"
2) Pity Partying: "My life sucks. I choose to be unhappy and I'm telling the world on Facebook and Twitter so that you can pity me. So quick, start pitying! Me!"

Okay jokes aside...

Recently, I've been unhappy, fearful and stressed about stuff in my life. But if the fruit of the Spirit is Joy and Peace, I should be confident about my situation, that everything's not just gonna be alright, but gonna be GREAT. Because God is on my side, and He has come to give life, and life more abundantly!

If you know that you can't do it, good! Because His strength is made perfect in your weakness. You are going to find yourself doing things that you were never good at. You will conquer the your greatest fears. It is because of who you are in Christ.

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us," (Eph 3:20, NIV)

"But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me." (1 Cor 15:10)

By the grace/power of God, you can overcome all weakness, all trials, all temptations, all fears, all failures, all sickness, etc

But its not psycho-ing yourself to be happy. Talk to God. Tell Him about your frustrations. Ask Him for His grace to overcome. Then believe, even when you doubt. Just a small mustard seed of faith, even if mixed with fear, can cause you to walk on water in the midst of a storm, just like Peter.

All glory to God!

No comments: