Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Korah

Just read pastor's daily devotion, and I just realized that the Korah who led the rebellion against Moses is the same Korah who is a forefather of the Levites.

The sons of Korah were gatekeepers of God's house and attended to the tabernacle. I love the sons of Korah! They were the ones who wrote lovely psalms:

Ps 42
1 As the deer pants for the water brooks,
So pants my soul for You, O God.
2 My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
When shall I come and appear before God?

11 Why are you cast down, O my soul?
And why are you disquieted within me?
Hope in God;
For I shall yet praise Him,
The help of my countenance and my God.

Ps 84
2 My soul longs, yes, even faints
For the courts of the LORD;
My heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.

10 For a day in Your courts is better than a thousand.
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God
Than dwell in the tents of wickedness.

I never would have thought that their father would have done such a thing. God is truly gracious to the sons of Korah! Also to Aaron, who made the golden calf for the children of Israel, who spoke against Moses. Indeed if one is willing, God can use him no matter what failures they've made! :D

No comments: