Monday, November 30, 2009

Saturday Service was awesome!

My whole family came to church, including both my parents, cos my 2 younger bros were getting baptized. Pastor Kong preached an awesome message, and "rebuked" a few people haha :)

When pastor talked about Caleb being passionate and strong for God for 45 years, until he was 85 years old, it got me thinking - will I be just as on fire for God, or more, when I am in my 30's, 40's, 50's and beyond that?

My aim in life is to wholly follow Jesus even unto my deathbed, being more excited for God with each passing year. I realized that I used to be more on fire for God in my early years and have toned down quite a bit. However, I am very encouraged by the younger members' passion for God, such as Fiona and Jedidiah.

I want to (and need to) seek God more and more!

Pastor also talked about giving all that we acquire in life to next generation. What a beautiful spirit! To finally attain your life's dream and to give it all away to the next generation is something totally unselfish and loving.

The thing which impacted me the most in service was when pastor told the cellgroup leaders "guys, this is for you, I'm on a 21 day fast for you. Receive the anointing" or something like that.

Amazing. He fasted so that the leaders could receive his anointing, so that they can run the church when he steps down. It was then that I realized what it means to lay down one's life for his friends.

I want to do the same for my connect group too! :)

No comments: