Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Genuine Love

First of all, wanna thank God for giving my mum a job! Something wonderful happened as well. My mum usually complains about City Harvest always giving offering messages every week, and questions what the church is doing with the money. However, she recently told us that God made her realize that she does not need to be concerned about what the church does with the money - the church will be accountable to God Himself. We should just be concerned about giving our tithes and offerings to God. Thank God for opening her eyes!

I believe that we (W406) should continue building true friendships with one another. Not friendships with just anyone, but close friendships within the family, cos we're going to be together for the next 40, 50, 60 years perhaps? And I don't want a case that we have been church for a long time, and we don't have friends that we can share secrets to, share joyful and sad times, and friends that can give us wise counsel.

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another." (John 13:34, NIV)

The Bible says "love your neighbour, as yourself" when it comes to people. But to the family of Christ, Jesus tells us to love one another with same love that Jesus loves us. We should love everyone with the love of God, but more so to our beloved brothers and sisters.

This is one area I want to work on, cos I want to have close and godly friends :D

No comments: