Sunday, July 5, 2009

Trip to Johor Bahru! (Part 2)

Hey all, here's part 2 of my trip!

Me outside Mr Robin's house

Back to Business
After that viewing the condominium, we went back to Mr Robin's house. As he drove back, he said to me "Hope you learnt something today" ;)

Mr Robin, Jeffrey and Gen Yuan discussed loads of technical stuff about various projects, which were hard for me to follow. We were discussing about getting references for the art style we were using when Mr Robin brought up Starship Troopers.

Starship Troopers is an extremely old sci-fi movie released in 1997. I first came to know of it when I played a custom game in Warcraft 3 about Starship Troopers.

The movie has many similar elements to Starcraft; it is about a human Federal army fighting against bug-like creatures that looked and operated like the Zerg. I told him that I heard the movie was good, but I've never watched it before.

Mr Robin replied "You must watch it! Its a very good movie! If Transformers 2 is rated 2/10, Starship Troopers is 10/10!"

At this, he went upstairs to search for the CD. After finding it, he personally switched on a computer and played the disc. He set it to full screen and adjusted the volume to ensure that I have a pleasant experience. It was almost like I was being compelled to watch it. But I was genuinely interested anyway :D

I thought Starship Troopers would be a PG family show like Star Wars. I was horribly wrong.

Countless soldiers were being decapicitated or ripped to shreds throughout the whole show, with brains being sucked out of people's skulls, bodies dissolved in jets of acid sprays and limbs being torned off.

However, the gore didn't bother me that much; I have seen enough gore in other movies and games. It was the scenes with nudity that got me uncomfortable. It was then that I checked the CD cover, only to find that it was a Restricted movie. T.T

Well, I didn't like the movie because of the mature scenes and the disgusting deaths of the soldiers. It kinda portrays humans as expendable, which I really hate as every single soul is precious. But I have to say that the plot is quite interesting.

Games Show
By the time the movie was over, it was already about 7pm. Mr Robin decided to visit an Online Games show before dinner. We saw their advertisement with the words "Biggest Online Game Show" printed on it. It was very vague and really poorly advertised. Mr Robin joked that it could mean a commercial game show (e.g. Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, 百万大赢家)

When we reached there, we found out that this "Biggest" game show was really small with not many people. There was some weird chinese game about being a business man. Not interested :P

A game called wulin(武林) looked quite fun. Mr Robin commented that the game wasn't very well done in technical terms though.

There was also a Street Fighter 4 competition, with a Sony MP3 Player as the prize. Well, I can't even execute a "Hadoken" properly...

The cool thing was that I encountered this:


As usual, By2 would be promoting 希望 Online or Seal Online. They even have a song called "Seal The Love". They will be there on 5 July at 5pm, which is today :/

Okay I'm not that excited about By2 anymore hahas. Weiren would probably say that I have grown into maturity :P

Dinner
We walked over to City Square shopping centre to have dinner. Mr Robin treated us to dinner at a Sudenese Restaurant!!! XD The meal was like rice with various dishes - Beef, Chicken Curry, Kangkong and squid. To me, the nicest dish was the Kangkong vegetables - the meat were kinda tough and not really appealing. Thank God for the meal though; I'm happy as along as there is food to eat. Furthermore it was FREEEEEEEEEE!

Back To Singapore
Jeffrey and I took bus 950 back to Singapore together. A security guard stopped me and asked me to take out my passport. Do I look that suspicious? hahahas :D As the bus crossed the causeway into familiar ground, a sense of safety and belonging subtlely entered my heart. There's no place like home :D

I reached home at 10.45pm on friday. The journey felt more like a holiday trip than a project meeting :) I've also decided to join Envisage Reality! I'll be going back to JB tomorrow for an important meeting. This means that I won't be able to make it for By2's 签名会 T.T

Oh well, sacrifices have to be made to achieve greatness.

Thank God for this job and the opportunity to shine for Him in the marketplace!

No comments: