Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Of Food and Friends

The NS Laptop that I use in the office does not have a proper Graphic Card (it uses the crappy Intel Chipset). The project I was working on uses Shader Model 3.0, and surprise of surprises (sarcasm), it can't support SM3.

Thus I brought my laptop to work.

Using 2 Laptops!

Justin posted a link to Vurger on Facebook, and it looked pretty good. Thus, we went to Vurger for lunch :)

The Vurger Stall!
Lights were too bright.

My Cheese Vurger. Or what's left of it.
Yeah, I forgot to capture the pre-devoured photo of the Vurger.

My Cheese Vurger was pretty average. So was Bryan's Jumbo Vurger. Glenn and Nigel seemed to enjoy their Oregano and Fish Vurgers though.

Justin later told me "oh yah, I forgot to tell you, their beef Vurgers aren't nice, you should try their chicken and fish; especially the fish, its damn nice la!". Or something along that line. Anyway the Vurger was still good for its low price. Hope to go there again with other people - imma looking forward to try the Fish Vurger :)

The Verdict.

We were stuck at the place for a long while due the sudden heavy downpour.

Nigel and Bryan talking about iPhone and Nexus One.

Glenn.

I photographed my drink.
Was bored. Nah, I just felt like it.

Wetness.

但偏偏,雨渐渐, 大到我看你不见...


Glenn and I decided to explore the area rather than rot away on our seats. After passing by a grocery store, a barber, a clinic and a Bubble Tea shop, we found this stall:

Specialile in House Hoip Ang Stationert Products?
English Fail.

After a long wait, we decided to cab back.

Nua-zation.

On CTE.

Tunnel.

Self-shot.

Chinatown!

We got back super late, like at 4pm? Hahas.

Fabian's Wedding was on Labour Day! So happy for him! :D
I feel privileged to be invited for both the matrimony and the dinner!

Faith and Fabian!

Pastor Zhuang was the wedding minister, Bernard (from Drama) was the emcee, and his best man was Nathan, an ang mo from UK. Nathan surprisingly was Bernard's chinese interpretor! His Chinese is very fluent! Both of them were very funny together hahas.

Isaiah and I had lunch there before leaving for service. Food was pretty good :)

I think this was their wedding car.

Me trying out Hexing's waiter thing.
Suits the shirt eh? I think its called a vest or something...

Photo edit!
Argh the original photo is too low quality.

Service was great! The presence of God was exceptional strong! :D

After service, I went back to Holiday Inn Atrium for the dinner. Thank God that Ernest Ng (not Wong) and Jenny were at the same table; I hardly knew anyone else. I was the youngest dude on the table. Had a great time chatting with Ernest; it's been a while since we last saw each other. He was our CGL before our CG changed to W406 and Wendy Goh took over.

We chatted about his teaching job, my NS vocation, his cellgroup (co-leading with Jenny), our CG, my brothers, his house at Woodlands, and lots of random stuff.

Wine :D

The wedding food was good! Loved the steamed fish, the abalone with veggies, the noodles, etc. :D

Thank God for such an loving brother as Fabian! He's someone who goes the extra mile, and he's carries a peaceful and comforting presence wherever he goes. May God add to him much joy and prosperity to his marriage!

I can't find the other photos of the wedding, will upload another time.
Till then, ciao!

No comments: