Monday, March 7, 2011

Like a Tidal Wave



TIDAL WAVE! Another Owl City song that is close to my heart!

Man, I'm might actually become a fan. I haven't been a fan of any one for a long time. Yeap, I sort of outgrown that phase for some time. Now I'm not a fan of Jay Chou, By2, Linkin Park, Snow Patrol, B.o.B. or whoever. Now I just like their songs.

Nah I can't imagine myself jumping up and down in Adam Young's concerts, running to the front to grab his hand and autograph. What a thought.

Anywho...

The chorus and the end of this song speaks of how I feel right now.. the tight struggle between courage and insecurity, joy and depression.

But playing this song through my mind makes me feel... brave.

Tidal Wave by Owl City
Chorus:
I forget the last time I felt brave
I just recall insecurity
'Cause it came down like a tidal wave
And sorrow swept over me 
Then I was given grace and love
I was blind but now I can see
'Cause I found a new hope from above
And courage swept over me 
End:
It hurts just to wake up
Whenever you're wearing thin
Alone on the outside
So tired of looking in
The end is uncertain
And I've never been so afraid
But I don't need a telescope
To see that there's hope
And that makes me feel brave

No comments: